3.29.2011

de-hacked

Our blog is finally de-hacked after being hacked by diabolical cyber shitheads for the past three weeks. You may have noticed a change in template along with a load of crappy advertisements. But all is better now- the hackers have been exterminated and we're finally able to access our blog. During our frustrating 25 days in the Purgatory Hell that is the  Blogger Help Forum we did notice a load of recent hacking instances, so if you're on Blogger and want to avoid that (you totally do) we suggest you regularly change your passwords, sign out, export your blog, and say a prayer because people are still waiting to have their blogs unhacked after months and months.




Pin It

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew!!!!! I recommend eating an ice cream sandwich to celebrate. (Any excuse for an ice cream sandwich!)

jellyfishheart said...

Thanks, it's good advice. I'm so glad that your heinous experience is over!

YHBHS said...

congrats!@

congratulations on getting your blog back. i'm curious how you reclaimed it?

amy t. said...

i'm changing my password to global thermal nuclear war

b said...

hackers are little aholes. i have had to deal with them for the first time this year. they blocked a site i work on and then left their slimy name all over the site. it was like a shit job at graffiti.
i am happy to hear you are BACK. i have officially exported my blogs. thanks for the reminder!

jennie13 said...

Glad your site is back! I love your blog and books, but I was a little disappointed you wrote "Vietnamese" cyber shitheads in this entry.

John said...

Jennifer you're right- I think I was just wanting the hackers to know we know who and where they are, and didn't mean to offend anyone. I've changed the wording.

Unknown said...

I am exporting my blog right now; thanks for the heads-up. So sorry you had to deal with this, I don't understand the phenomenon of pointless destruction. It doesn't even bring revenue to the hackers.

Forza said...

I'm glad you were able to get rid of the hacking! I thought it was weird and couldn't believe you had sold out to advertising! Keep on keeping on inspiring us